Frequently Asked Questions
- How fast is Ultra Fast Fibre?
- We offer two different speeds. The base plan offers download speeds up to 30Mbps, and upload speeds of up to 10Mbps. Our fastest plan offers download speeds up to 100Mbps, and upload speeds of up to 50Mbps. Please note – these speeds are maximums. In practice, your speeds will vary depending on a wide range of factors, including time of day, if you are using a wired or wireless connection, the device you are using, which site or service you are using, and a bunch of other factors.
- Should I choose Ultra-Fast VDSL or Ultra-Fast Fibre?
- First, check that your place can get either VDSL or Fibre. CLICK HERE to find out. With Ultra-Fast Fibre you may need consent from neighbours or property owners, and installation may involve digging around the property or hanging cables. You will need to be at home for a site survey and then another full day for installation. If this sounds too disruptive, then VDSL may be the better alternative as the install is much simpler.
- Will Ultra-Fast Fibre affect my monitored security alarm or medical alarm?
If you have a monitored alarm that is essential to your safety or health, we would recommend you check with your alarm provider before ordering a fibre service.
- What permissions do I need to get to get Ultra-Fast Fibre at my place?
- First, check if Fibre is available at your address.
- If you own the house, great! We can get cracking.
- If you are renting or not the home owner, you will need written consent from the property owner. Chorus can help with consent and contacting the owner.
- If you have a shared driveway or shared access to your property, you will need consent from your neighbours before installation begins.
- If you live in an apartment, unit or flat, we will need consent from the other residents or landlords. Again Chorus can help with the consent process.
- Installation - What Happens?
We'll arrange a date to come and install fibre at your place. On the pre-arranged installation date you will need to be at home while the technician performs the upgrade. There are a number of steps.
The installer will attempt to complete ABC within the same day, although that may vary largely dependent on the complexity of the cabling work required at your premises.
- Agree - Technician meets you, goes through and agrees installation requirements.
- Build - Technician extends the fibre network to the boundary of your property and make it ready for fibre.
- Connect - Technician will complete internal wiring, physical setup, test connection and you are good to go!
Offer Summary - 30 mbps
Offer Summary - 100 mbps
Please allow five to ten working days to get up and running.
Installs are normally free, but if yours isn’t, we’ll of course let you know before we proceed.